Welcome on Wave!
Wave is a privacy app (browser) where no one but you can access the app, and no one can collect your data. You can control privacy parameters, pick your favorite WebApps and chat with friends right on top of them.
1. What data Wave needs to start usage?
For sharing the Wave Chats, you need to create an account using your phone number so that your friends can identify you. For this, we need to collect your phone number only. Your browsing data is not collected by us. To support continuous optimization of the app, certain data like time spent, frequency of usage, number of chats created, etc. are collected in an anonymized way for analytical purposes.
2. How is my browsing history treated in Wave? Who can access and what data they can access?
In Wave, your navigation history is not recorded by default, unlike other browsers. You can turn on your history recorder if you want to ease future navigation on the same kind of websites, but it's under user’s control. Nobody else but you can access your browsing history, it’s locally stored on your phone only.
3. How does Wave ensure my data is never shared or saved at Wave’s end?
Your browsing data just don’t go through our servers, that’s it. Plain and simple. Only your chat messages temporarily go through our servers so that we can deliver them to your friends.
4. How long my data is stored by Wave?
We store your profile and service usage data (in anonymized way – means your data is not linked to your phone number identity so the data is not connected with your identity at the back end) as long as you use Wave app and if you request to delete your account, this information is deleted completed from our servers (exception mentioned in 1.B of detailed policy). Data of chats you share with your friends is stored at our servers for 1 week from last activity on the chat to enable smooth communication, post that information of chat is removed from our servers. Other app usage data such as time spent inside the app, number of chats made, etc. are stored in an anonymized way and is not linked to your identification.
5. How is wave chat private?
When you chat in Wave, you are anonymous. We won’t read your message or connect your message to your identity.
1. What personal information do we collect?
A. We do not collect any of your browsing information. You can start using app without giving any data.
In order to use chat feature with other Wave users, you need to create an account so that your friends can identify you. For this, we need only one Personal data: your phone number. To your discretion, you can complete your account with other personal data: your first name, last name and a profile picture.
Once you created an account, at your discretion, you can match information from your device’s contact list/phonebook with our Wave user database to help you find your friends who are already on Wave. This information is just used for matching purposes and is not collected by us. Then, when you chat with friends, they only transit through our servers for a limited time.
We are not responsible for disclosure of your Personal Data by other Wave users. Also, please remember that the Personal Data you provide as part of your Public Profile may reveal or allow your contacts to identify aspects of your life that you may not choose to state on your Public Profile directly (for example, your picture may reveal your gender).
When you contact our User Support or communicate with us in any other way, we also keep the information you provide to service your request.
B. Collecting anonymous Information about your usage through your use of the Wave services
When you use Wave services, some technical information is automatically collected to enable smooth functioning of the app and to maintain compatibility with our systems, such as your location, your IP address, your operating system, your mobile type and your activity on our services. Regarding your activity, Wave keeps information in anonymized way about the way you use Wave services, for example time spent in different sections of the app, frequency of app usage, etc. Although, we don’t collect any information about what you browse.
And all the information are anonymized, our policy is not to know what you do!
C. Third Party Services
When it comes to third parties, our shield protects you from web trackers and any functional cookie is deleted each time you exit the app.
2. How will the Information be used?
Although we don't collect any of browsing information, we need to keep minimal Information for your login to chat service, if you use it. Same is used for:
To enable access to chat feature
To make recommendations to you, for example by suggesting friends or personalising news as per your preference.
To respond to your specific requests or questions,
To communicate with you and to send you notification such as news, Wave new functionalities and changes to our terms. We can communicate with you either through:
- Text messages,
- Push notifications. Among other information, push notifications will let you know whether other Wave users have interacted with you through the Wave Services, for example your friends may interact by sending you a chat or by reply on existing chats. Depending on the operating system of your device, you may either have to give your prior explicit approval before receiving push notifications or it may be available by default and you can opt out of receiving push notifications by going to your device “Settings” and clicking on “Notifications”, and then change those settings for some (including Wave) or all of the apps on your device.
- Chat support service, accessible from the app menu
We may also use the Information to enhance the safety of Wave services and to prevent fraud, or with the purpose of enforcing our Terms of Service.
3. What Information do we share and with whom?
We understand your concern of data being shared with any external parties, hence we only share the information we collect from you with Third-Parties on necessity basis as described in this Policy or otherwise as detailed at the time of collection.
We do not share Personal Data with independent third parties without your consent, unless
- it is required by law, or
- we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our rights, property or to protect our users or third parties.
In order to understand how the Wave services are used, we may share anonymous information, or other data that does not directly identify you, with third parties, for analytical purposes.
In the event of a re-organization, divestiture, merger, sale or bankruptcy, we may transfer all information we have to the relevant third party and will obtain your consent to do so if required by law.
We do not knowingly disclose Personal Data about children under 17 years of age to independent third parties even with consent.
4. Third-party Services
5. How long do we keep your Information?
Only your personal data used to fill your account are permanently stored at our end. We automatically delete the chats and their content you may send or receive from our servers one week after the final comment/reaction made by a Wave user on the chat.
The Wave Chats you may have shared in a group of Wave users cannot be deleted independently of the group conversation itself. Accordingly, it will last until there is no more comment or reaction within such conversation for a week after the last one.
However, we would like to draw your attention on the fact that other Wave users, to whom you send chats, can always share it to another user without your consent or save/share it using different techniques such as screenshots or any other image-capture technology (cf our Terms of Service -art.27).
Your information of your usage of Wave services, as described in 1.B, are anonymously stored as long as we need them to provide you with a better service.
Subject to the above-mentioned exceptions, the information about you that is still on our servers at the date where you may request the deletion of your Wave account will be entirely deleted at that same time. Please note that it will not be possible to restore your account once you have confirmed that you want to delete it.
Moreover, we may retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our Terms of service, for a limited period of time and in any case no longer than is necessary for these purposes.
6. How do we protect your Personal data?
All the Information you provide is stored on our servers located in Ireland
We take all appropriate measures to protect your data in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access. To this end, we follow generally accepted standards to protect the information we process, such as physically secured rooms, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Data. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, as you may understand that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. Please note, that in the event of a data breach we will notify the supervisory authority competent pursuant to applicable law.
To protect the confidentiality of Personal Data maintained in your account, you must keep your it confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the services by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused at email@example.com
We also make sure that the service providers to whom we may transfer Personal data provide sufficient protection of such data.
7. Can we transfer your data in foreign countries
We may transfer your Personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected. In any case, we may only transfer your Personal data in countries ensuring an adequate level of protection according to the European Commission. If not, we will request your prior consent.
8. What are your rights?
• Accessing your Personal data. You can access most of your basic account information (your picture and name) directly in the Wave app’s Settings section. You can ask an access to the other Information that we may have about you, provided that it does not risk the privacy of other Wave users. You understand and agree that the information you can ask to access is limited to usage information, excluding the content of the chat you may send or receive. We will need to verify your identity before we let you access your Personal data. Should you ask us repeatedly to access your Information, we can request that you pay some reasonable fees. You can send us your request at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Updating your Personal data. You can update your basic account information directly in the Wave app’s Settings page. Please note that any change of phone number will imply the creation a new account totally independent from the one created with your previous phone number and that no back up or transfer of information will be possible from one to the other.
• Communicating with other Wave users. In order that you stay in control over whom you communicate with, you can use the Wave app’s Settings to indicate, among other things, if you want to block the communication with a specific user in a one to one conversation or if you want to quit a group.
• Right to object: You have the right to object the processing of your Personal data at any time. Should you object the processing of your Personal data, we invite you to delete your Wave account by sending an email at the following address: email@example.com. The deletion of your account will lead to the suppression of the Personal data we have about you from our servers (subject to the reservations mentioned in article 6 above).
Please also note that your consent to a specific processing of your Personal data may be revoked at any time. You can send us your request to revoke your consent at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wave Services are not intended for anyone under 17. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 17. If you have parental authority and you believe that we have unintentionally collected your child’s Personal data and if you wish to have that data deleted, you may email us at email@example.com
We are at your entire disposal for any question you may have regarding the foregoing or for any question regarding your personal information in general. You may contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The contact and legal information relating to Alkymia are the following:
ALKYMIA, incorporated and registered in Versailles, with company number 523431302 whose registered office is at 1401 avenue de la Grande Halle, 78200 BUCHELAY.